Feeling: Ready to meet our sweet baby boy!!! But also patient for him to take his time and come when he is ready:) I still feel a little in disbelief that he is coming any day now…so surreal!! I can’t wait to finally meet this little bear cub who has kept mama company the past nine months:) Will his eyes be blue like his sister, brown like mama’s, or green like dada’s? Will he look more like a Horvath or an Allsup, or somewhere in between? Will he have dark hair, light hair, or no hair at all? It is so crazy and so exciting that I get to find out in just a few days😍
- At my chiropractic appointment this week, my doctor said my sacrum doesn’t feel “mushy” and her guess is I still have another week at least to go. What’s interesting is I saw her last 11 days before Scarlett was born and it was 11 days before the day I’m guessing he’ll be born, April 10th, so we’ll see! (P.s. At my last appt before Scarlett, she had said she didn’t think I would make it through the rest of the week because that time my sacrum did feel mushy–but obviously I made it 11 more days lol)
- I actually felt pretty good overall this week. I would say my biggest discomforts are the constant feeling that I have to pee and feeling uncomfortable/short of breath when sitting at times
- My energy level was higher this week and I opted to get stuff done during Scarlett’s nap instead of reading/doing my Hypnobabies session/relaxing. I suppose it’s my nesting instinct officially kicking into high gear:)
- I slept better this week which might be because I switched to doing my hypnosis sessions before bed which might help relax me, or because of our new mattress, or it could be because I’ve been turning the fan on high to drown out Justin’s snoring;) It’s most likely a combination of these things, either way I’ll take it!
- In addition to the subtle linea negra below my bellybutton, I think the line now extends above my belly button. I also have a sort of ring around my bellybutton which I remember having with Scarlett.
- Ribs continue to expand and my jackets/blazers now fit awkwardly
- My boobs have been pretty sore and have grown more
- Stuffy nose
- Lots of pre-birthing waves
- Lots of pulling/stretching sensations in upper inner thighs, and cervix area
- Weight gain: 33 lbs
Cravings: Ted Drewes Oreo concrete–sadly this craving has gone unfulfilled. We went to dinner at a nearby restaurant (strategically picked) this past weekend, but didn’t have time to stop at ted drewes because we were showing our house that evening:(
Aversions: Nothing really
Exercise: Still doing Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project about 3x per week, cycling workouts 2-3x per week, and usually 1 Jillian Michaels workout. I didn’t do any prenatal yoga this week, so I’m going to try to fit it in next week.
Baby Prep: I think we mostly have the essentials ready to go. Left on my baby to-do list: groom Buddy, get postpartum supplies ready since we plan on leaving the hospital early if possible, pack hospital bag (yes I know I’m cutting it close but I’m overly optimistic that baby isn’t coming early:), and bake cookies to bring for the midwives and nurses.
Only 4 days left until my “guess date”!!! 💙💙💙