Feeling: In disbelief, and beyond excited , that we have less than a month to go before we meet our sweet baby boy!
- Stretching/pulling sensation in upper inner thighs lasting a few seconds at a time
- Braxton-Hicks many times throughout the day, especially in the evening and throughout the night
- Lots and lots of baby kicks, wiggles, hiccups, and I also felt what I swear was him sucking his thumb the other night! It was a quick rhythmic sensation that couldn’t have been hiccups & I thought at first might be his heartbeat, but it felt much stronger down by his head, so what else could it have been?!
- Hair has mostly stopped growing on arms and legs (same as 1st pregnancy)
- Pretty much a constant need to pee
- Much less cramping in lower abdomen–hardly happens anymore
- Feel very short of breath at times, especially when sitting
- Sitting has become more and more uncomfortable (see above)
- Bras and sports bras barely fit due to widening of ribcage
- Belly button neither an outtie or innie, kind of just even with my belly (my belly button just doesn’t have enough extra skin to become an outtie)
- Hair doesn’t seem to have grown as much this pregnancy, although I never wear it down so not 100% sure (all I know is thank goodness I’m finally getting to the salon next week before baby comes)
- Skin has remained about the same throughout this pregnancy
- Baby is head down facing my back so fingers crossed he stays that way! Midwife said she doesn’t think he’ll be a big baby, probably around 7ish lbs like Scarlett, but my guess is 8ish lbs…we shall see!
- Weight gain: 33 lbs
Sleep: Still not great, especially the past week with daylight savings. We are currently trying out a new mattress, so we’ll see how that goes.
Cravings: Pineapple (not a huge craving, but it’s something I don’t usually really care for) and a Ted Drewes Oreo concrete (this craving has sadly not been fulfilled yet)
Aversions: Same old story–most things I usually like are just not that appealing
Exercise: I’ve definitely slowed down a bit the past few weeks. I’ve stopped doing things such as Grit Strength, Body Combat, etc. I’ve mostly been doing Tracy Anderson’s Pregnancy Project workouts for strength and cycling for cardio, although I was actually able to walk/jog for 20 minutes on the treadmill the other day, which was a nice change of pace (I can’t wait to be able to run again!). I have also thrown in some Jillian Michaels and prenatal yoga workouts here and there. We’ve had some unseasonably nice weather so I was able to take a lot of walks during weeks 35-36 before it got cold again this past week. It’s supposed to be nice again in the coming week and I can’t wait to get in some more walks! I feel so much better when I can get outside for a bit while moving.
Baby Prep: I think we’re good on baby clothes for the first few months (I just love burts bees baby clothes!) and I’ve also purchased most of the other things we need such as an infant car seat, changing table supplies, more newborn cloth diapers, baby blanket, hooded towels, drawers for our room (since he doesn’t have a nursery yet), etc. Scarlett got a little bear as a gift for her baby brother (she has a favorite bear that’s white and got him the same one in blue:). I set it up to have my placenta encapsulated and am pretty excited about that–plus the lady comes to the hospital to get the placenta and then drops the capsules back off at your house, all for only $200. I also contacted a photographer to come do newborn/family photos a few days after baby’s arrival. Things left on to-do list: get car cleaned and install car seat, set up our bedroom for baby (changing area, bassinet), wash all of baby’s clothes/diapers/bedding/etc, pack a bag for the birthing center, groom the dog (haha), and a few more small purchases. I also attended a class at the birthing center this past week in order to be able to leave the hospital the same day, pending a healthy baby/mama–very excited at the prospect of not having to spend the night at the hospital.
Ahhh!! I can’t believe he’s almost here💙💙💙💙