I am now be-boppin along at 18.1 weeks, but let’s take a look at the last 3 weeks, shall we?
As you can see, while there isn’t yet a pronounced bump, there is definitely some thickening of the middle and it’s beginning to stick out. However, right now it kind of just looks like I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the holidays so far;)
Cravings/Foods I’m Loving
- Two words: Kalamata olives
- Salad with Italian dressing
- Frozen raspberries
- Chinese takeout–this craving was fulfilled on Friday night and was sadly a disappointment. We decided to try a new-to-us Chinese restaurant that gets pretty good reviews on Yelp, however, after waiting almost an HOUR & 20 MINUTES for takeout, the food was mediocre at best.
- Oranges, clementines, and orange juice
- Fresh veggies
- Shrimp and scallops
Birthday dinner at Sidney Street Cafe (same exact thing I got when we went for our anniversary this summer, because why mess with a good thing?)
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Onions, garlic, pepper
- Italian food–while I still enjoy (bland) pasta every now and then, I don’t like it as much as I used to and at times the thought of it disgusts me (I also seem to be even more sensitive to gluten right now)
- Bananas–I used to eat at least one banana a day but now I can only stand them in my smoothies since their taste is mostly masked by the other ingredients
- Water–I just don’t enjoy drinking water which is a MAJOR change for me, I’m used to guzzling at least 2 big mason jars of water with dinner and now I can only manage little sips here and there
- Soup–the smell of it alone grosses me out and I can’t stand how soup tends to stank up the whole house (and it still smells the next morning, blech)
- Still don’t enjoy chocolate 😢
- Weight Gain: At my 17 week appointment last week my doctor said I’ve gained 5 lbs so far (however, my first appointment was at week 9 and I’m not exactly sure what my pre-pregnancy weight was, but I suspect I’ve gained a little more than 5 lbs since before I was pregnant)
- Morning Sickness: While I still always have some degree of nausea (especially in the afternoon/evening and when I’m tired), it has slowly (repeat: slowly) decreased over the last few weeks. I am hoping this trend continues!
- Nose issues: My nose is always stuffed up (supposedly due to increased blood volume) but yet I still have that preg-induced canine sense of smell and can’t stand the smell of most fragrances
- Itchiness: I’m always itchy, maybe due to my skin stretching?
- Energy: My energy levels are definitely better now than during the first trimester, but I still prefer to be in bed by 9pm:)
- Boobs: Continue to grow (luckily I found some awesome new bras!) but not as sore as the first trimester–hooray!
- Weird tingling in feet: I keep getting this weird sensation that feels like someone is violently sticking needles into the sole of my foot for a few seconds and then it disappears as suddenly as it started (happens in both feet but never at the same time)
- Breathlessness: Not as bad as the first trimester but I still feel out of breath a lot, especially when I’m teaching
I finally was able to go back to the gym during week 16! Reunited and it feels so good:)
I took my beloved Zumba, BodyCombat, and BodyPump that week and I cannot tell you how unbelievably awesome it felt to workout with real, live people again! There’s just something about group fitness that’s so uplifting and motivating–I’m so stinking happy to be back.
Looking forward to seeing what week 18 brings, but most of all I’m looking forward to finding out in just 5 days…
I am just beside myself with excitement and anticipation–I can’t wait to share the news!!